The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) would like to call upon interested candidates to apply for the position of the 'Head Coach' for the Senior India Men's Cricket Team.
Interested candidates should send their application on or before the 31st of May 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Should have successfully coached a cricket team of any of the member countries of the ICC, at the first class or at the International level.
2. It is preferred that the candidate should be qualified through a certification/assessment program conducted by any of the full member countries and currently possess such a valid certification.
3. Should be able to prepare and present a coaching plan elaborating the approach for 'Team India’ to attain leadership position in all formats of the game.
4. Demonstrate methods/tools to effectively measure individual player performance and present metrics to the Board, which will in turn measure the performance of the team, on a consistent and timely basis.
5. Demonstrate an understanding and ability of employing a multi disciplinary approach that will include sports psychology and sports medicine, and effectively manage the work load of the players, thereby enhancing their contribution to the cause of the team
6. Communication skills befitting the coach of an International team are mandatory along with the ability to effectively convey the right messages and must demonstrate proficiency in English. It is desirable to communicate in Hindi and other regional Indian languages.
7. Should be well versed with the latest technologies/trends in sports software and ability to utilise the same, which will assist in analysing/ improving the performance of the player and the team.
8. Mandatory that the candidate should have an impeccable personal record, devoid of any past or current disputes, with any of the member boards of the ICC or its affiliates.
9. Demonstrate plans and ability to contribute to the NCA Cricket Development Programmes and forecasting/planning to develop the next generation of cricketers and agree to make themselves available for the NCA, as and when they are not with the team.
Shortlisted candidates will be called upon to present their credentials and plans, in person for further evaluation.
Pertinent to note, that the decision of the BCCI for the said position, will remain final and binding.
Hon Jt. Secretary