|Date of Birth||01/06/91|
Left-arm spinner Rajeshwari Gayakwad is an economical bowler. Since making her ODI debut in 2014 she has been a consistent performer for the side. She has represented India in all three formats.
Through India’s preparations for the Women’s World Cup, 2017 she was integral part of the squad. She was one of their strike bowlers when India beat West Indies in the beginning of the 2016-17 season. Hailing from Karnataka, the 26-year old had four, four-wicket hauls ahead of the ICC tournament.
In Women’s World Cup, 2017
• 2017 was the left-arm spinner’s first World Cup
• She was inducted in the playing 11 for the must-win match against New Zealand.
• Her five for 15 runs against NZ was Gayakwad’s maiden five-for which also helped India qualify for the semi-finals.
• She also played in the semi-final and the final
• She finished with seven wickets from three matches.