Virat Kohli, India's prolific performer has been named as captain of the ICC ODI Team of the Year. The team includes three Australians, Indians, South Africans each, and one each from England and West Indies. De Villiers has been selected for the sixth time since 2010, while Starc has been picked up for the third time in four years.
ICC ODI Team of the Year 2016 (in batting order) is:
2. Quinton de Kock (South Africa) (wicketkeeper)
3. Rohit Sharma (India)
4. Virat Kohli (India) (captain)
5. AB de Villiers (South Africa)
6. Jos Buttler (England)
7. Mitchell Marsh (Australia)
8. Ravindra Jadeja (India)
9. Mitchell Starc (Australia)
10. Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)
11. Sunil Narine (West Indies)
12. Imran Tahir (South Africa)
Former Test stalwarts Rahul Dravid, Gary Kirsten and Kumar Sangakkara selected the side based on players’ performances in the period from 14 September 2015 to 20 September 2016.