Security Manager ACSU vacancy at ICC
The International Cricket Council wishes to appoint a Security Manager ACSU
The International Cricket Council (“ICC”) is the global governing body for the sport of cricket. The ICC administers all aspects of international cricket including the safety and security of certain stakeholders. The ICC is committed to protecting the integrity of the game from all forms of corruption and/or physical threats to safety and security. These functions fall under the supervision of the Anti Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU).
We are currently looking for a Security Manager, who will be responsible for the management of all security related operations of the ICC, including but not limited to the security of Match officials discharging their duties at bilateral cricket fixtures.
Main job duties/responsibilities
- Prepare, administer, supervise and/or review security plans to ensure a safe and secure environment for all stakeholders in the game of cricket including players, match officials, media, ICC officials, spectators and service staff.
- Fulfill all reporting requirements for all relevant matters to the ICC Executive Board through the ACSU - GM and/or Chief Executive of the ICC.
- Advise the ICC Management in improving the security policies.
- Ensure the implementation of policies in accordance with security requirements and institutional, state and federal regulations.
- Develop and deliver, written and verbal communication modules to inform and educate all stakeholders of security policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage the design and development of generic security plan templates, checklists, etc., for use of Members of the ICC.
- Represent the ICC in formal/informal meetings with outside organizations in matters dealing with security and protective services relating to conduct of cricket matches/event.
- Collect, collate and disseminate intelligence within the organization and to members when required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Sound intelligence and security background with extensive experience of managing security operations at major events.
- The incumbent has no direct reports but is expected to be a hands-on operator with the ability to influence key stake holders.
- Ability to establish, direct and monitor security protocols for major sports events.
- Ability to supervise and control large-scale security operations specifically at major international sports related events would be an advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred but would not be a disqualification.
- Worked in or with a law enforcement agency or the military establishment in supervisory ranks for at least 10 years.
- Demonstrable knowledge of tools and techniques used by security agencies for efficient management of large crowds.
- Proficiency in fielding queries from external agencies.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office.
Conditions of employment
- The position is based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai
- The job requires extensive travel world-wide and for fairly long durations at times.
- The selected candidate will have to furnish two references including one from his current employer.
- Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Other benefits will be as per standard ICC policies for staff.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply in confidence to the General Manager ACSU at Ravi.Sawani@icc-cricket.com.
This is an immediate vacancy. The last date of responding to this advert is 20th of February 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.